Incoming students – Study at ECAM
If you are interested in coming to ECAM Brussels, first contact the International Office at your own university. Exchange students can come to study at ECAM in the framework of bilateral agreements or exchange programmes (ERASMUS+) for a period of one semester up to one academic year.
STEP 1 : Nomination by your home university
Your home institution should send the names of the nominated students to ECAM international office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send the following information regarding the nominated student(s):
- First Name;
- Family Name;
- E-mail Address;
- Semester (Autumn/Spring or Academic Year);
- Study field and study level
STEP 2 : Registration
Please send the required documents by email at email@example.com :
- Completed Application Form
- Valid copy of ID, or passport
- Transcript of records from your home institution
- Learning Agreement
Level B1 is highly recommanded for French taught courses.
All the required documents have to be provided in English or French.
STEP 3 : Confirmation
You will receive a letter of acceptance by email as soon as we have checked your application.
- Dates and deadlines
Autumn semester: from mid-September to end of January
Spring semester: from early February to end of June
Deadline for the nomination (by home institution) :
* May 1st for an exchange during the upcoming fall semester
* November 1st for an exchange during the upcoming spring semester
Deadline for the registration (by nominated students) :
* June 1st or an exchange during the upcoming fall semester
* December 1st for an exchange during the upcoming spring semester
- At ECAM, we offer French taught programmes to students coming from our partner universities.
- ECTS credit system is used. Exchange students can choose up to 30 ECTS per semester.
- Our detailed programmes are available HERE.
- Exchange students will share the classrooms with Belgian students.
Academic offer in English
- Project writing in English is possible and dependent on the availability of R&D projects
- Health Engineering (MSc), available in 2020/21
Accommodation and cost of living
ECAM Brussels do not run its own student residence. The exchange students can find many accommodation options using the following links :
Brussels offers a great value for your money; compared to other European capital cities. Located on the university campus of UCL, ECAM students enjoy low-price infrastructure: restaurants, librairies, sport facilities. A typical ECAM student spends 350 EUR for accommodation per month, and 300 EUR for food per month. Each student shall determine his or her own budget based on individual lifestyle.
ERASMUS STUDENT NETWORK
Exchange students will be welcomed by the ESN ICHEC that offers a diverse program including the following activities and many more :
- City Trips
- Weekend Trips
- International Dinners
- Social Activities